ProGrade Digital Photograph of the Year
Pick your favourite 2018 image
We’ve chosen a shortlist of four nominees and put them into a compilation video below, so you can re-live each moment for yourself.
Then all you have to do is vote for your Michelin Magic Moment, which will be awarded at the WRC Gala Night in Sydney later this month.
The nominees are:
Craig Breen, for a heart-warming moment in freezing Sweden.
The Irishman was ecstatic when he secured second place – the best result of his WRC career to date. The celebrations stepped up a gear at the end of the Power Stage when he was joined by his overjoyed mother, who was arguably even happier than him.
Teemu Suninen, for a jaw-dropping save at his home rally.
The M-Sport Ford World Rally Team driver pulled off a miraculous escape that Houdini would have been proud of as he somehow avoided catastrophe in Finland. Sliding into a ditch at high-speed, the Finn kept his Fiesta’s throttle nailed and, somehow, managed to get back on the road.
Ott Tänak, for scoring a memorable hat-trick.
The Estonian was unbeatable as he stormed to a hat-trick of victories in Finland, Germany and Turkey. Taking 87 of a possible 90 points propelled the Toyota Gazoo Racing driver into the thick of the championship battle.
Sébastien Ogier, for determination with a set of spanners.
When a broken track-control arm threatened to remove Ogier from the Rally Turkey reckoning, he and co-driver Julien Ingrassia rolled up their sleeves and set about finding a fix. In sweltering heat, they mustered up the determination to complete a decent repair and were rewarded with victory in the next stage.
The Michelin Magic Moment winner will be announced during the dazzling gala, which follows the final round at Kennards Hire Rally Australia (15 - 18 November).
More than 250 guests, including drivers, co-drivers, team bosses, senior officials, city personalities and government representatives will celebrate at Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art, across the water from the famous Opera House, on Monday 19 November.
While casting your vote, you will also be entered into a competition to win a Michelin jacket signed by the WRC’s stars!
In addition, you will also be in with a chance of winning one of three fantastic annual subscriptions to our WRC+ All Live interactive digital service, worth 89.99 euros.
The lucky winners won’t miss a minute of the 2019 WRC, with coverage of every special stage from all 14 rounds, expert analysis from the WRC TV studio, interviews and reactions from across the service park, on-demand highlights programmes, live timing, exclusive onboard videos and much more.
Four more gala winners will be decided by fan votes here on wrc.com so don’t forget to check daily for the latest. Voting closes for all categories on 12 November.
Coming up tomorrow: ANONIMO Timing Feat Award
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All votes and WRC+ competition entries must be received by 22.00hrs CET on Monday 12 November 2018.
2. No more than one entry per person per voting category.
3. Competition entries will be entered into a draw that will take place on Thursday 15 November 2018.
4. The winners will be notified by email following this date.
5. Entry excludes employees of WRC Promoter GmbH, members of their families, their agents and anyone connected with the competition.
6. The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as offered.
7. There are no cash alternatives or cash substitutes for the prize.
8. Any personal data collected as part of this competition will be used only for notifying the winner and delivering the prize.
9. By entering the competition, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
Pick your favourite 2018 image
Our gallery of the best photos from 2018’s penultimate round
Vote for your top WRC co-driver