- No previous experience of stages for either competitors or back-up teams
- Drivers and co-drivers must prepare pace notes from a blank piece of paper.
- Little opportunity to perfect car set-up ahead of the rally.
- Lack of knowledge of tyre performance and wear.
- Gravel suspension.
- On the rocky mountain roads, drivers may raise their car’s ride height to cope with rough conditions during the second pass.
- Both soft and hard compound tyres likely to come into play.
- Rally of Turkey was first held in 2000 and three years later it debuted in the WRC
- Carlos Sainz won the inaugural event based in Kemer, near Antalya.
- In 2010 the rally moved north to roads near Istanbul, in the Asian part of the country. It left the championship that year and 2018 marks Turkey’s first WRC fixture since.
- Sébastien Loeb tops the winners’ hall of fame with three victories. Citroën has four wins to its name.
Rally Turkey 2018