The sim racing hardware experts completed a multi-year agreement with WRC Promoter earlier this year to become the official partner of the WRC’s eSports activities, including the eSports WRC Championship.
Following the launch earlier this month of WRC 9, the latest version of the hugely popular gaming series, German-based Fanatec has now issued the officially licensed CSL Elite Steering Wheel, to raise performance on the WRC’s toughest special stages to new levels.
Key details of the wheel include:
The wheel features exchangeable components, including the new simplified Quick Release Adapter and shifter paddles. The pre-installed Xbox button caps can also be replaced with the included racing style caps.
The bright orange paddles can be removed, allowing clearance for the optional ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles, which can be more comfortable to use.
Tool-free Simplified Quick Release
No clamping bolt required. The improved simplified QRA clamps easily to the steering shaft by hand, without the need for tools. The new design is also removable and can be replaced with the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter.
Supports Xbox One and the new Xbox
By integrating the Xbox One-specific electronics into this steering wheel, the wheel system will remain compatible with the Xbox Series X|S.
Jona Siebel, managing director of WRC Promoter, said the wheel would be an important factor in eSports competitions.
“Fanatec’s CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC is a fantastic addition to any gamer’s rig. It looks the part and excels in even the toughest WRC stages,” he said.
“Several of our WRC star drivers have played WRC 9 with the new wheel, and their message is that it is realistic, easy to use and really helps shave vital seconds from a stage time.
“The steering wheel will become an integral part of all official WRC eSports competitions and just the first of a range of exciting rally products that Fanatec is developing for gaming fans since our partnership began earlier this year.”
The CSL Elite Steering Wheel WRC is available from the Fanatec webshop here.
Win a CSL Elite Series steering wheel!
Fanatec and WRC are giving you a chance to win this revolutionary wheel, all you need to do is go to Instagram.com/OfficialWRC, where you will find a Fanatec steering wheel post, uploaded on 25 September. Follow the instructions below the post and you will automatically be entered into the draw to take this incredible prize home.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All entries must be received by 1000 CET on Monday 28 September 2020.
2. Correct entries will be entered into a draw.
4. The winner will be notified via Instagram Direct Message on Tuesday 29 September 2020.
5. Arrangements for delivering the prize will be confirmed with the winner.
6. Entry excludes employees of WRC Promoter GmbH, members of their families, their agents and anyone connected with the competition.
7. The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as offered.
8. There are no cash alternatives or cash substitutes for the prize.
9. Any personal data collected as part of this competition will be used only for notifying the winner and delivering the prize.
10. By entering, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.