Vote now: Anonimo Timing Feat
Choose your favourite clock-stopping highlight
The Asahi Kasei Team of the Year award rewards those teams which achieved outstanding feats in 2019 or overcame adversity through sheer grit and determination from those often unsung heroes behind the scenes.
We selected four special moments from the season and put them into a video compilation below. Now we want you to vote for your favourite. The nominations are:
Toyota Gazoo Racing’s 1-2-3 in Germany
World champion Ott Tänak headed a stunning clean sweep of the podium places for the Japanese manufacturer on Germany’s asphalt. With Kris Meeke in second and Jari-Matti Latvala claiming third, it marked Toyota’s first podium lockout since 1993 and the first in the WRC since Germany in 2015.
Citroën Racing 1-2 finish in Turkey
The French squad was dominant in blistering heat on Turkey’s rocky gravel tracks. After a disappointing outing at the previous round in Germany, the Citroën C3s of Sébastien Ogier and Esapekka Lappi were the class of the field. Anyone who heard the team belting out La Marseillaise with gusto on the podium will release how much this result meant.
M-Sport Ford’s roll cage rebuild in Sweden
When Teemu Suninen’s hopes of a maiden WRC victory in Sweden’s snowy forests ended with a heavy impact against a tree, M-Sport Ford’s technicians came to the fore. His Fiesta’s roll cage was damaged and they worked furiously against the clock to replace part of the cage in less than three hours to ensure the Finn started the final leg.
Citroën Racing’s trans-Atlantic emergency
When Esapekka Lappi rolled his C3 in Argentina, Citroën’s worst nightmare came true. The car was too badly damaged to be repaired in south America for the start of Copec Rally Chile 11 days later. The team put the final touches to a new shell at its Versailles base in France and airfreighted it across the Atlantic to enable Lappi to claim a top six finish.
The winner will be announced during the star-studded gala, which follows the year’s final round at Kennards Hire Rally Australia (14 - 17 November).
More than 250 guests, including drivers, co-drivers, team bosses, senior officials, city personalities and government representatives will celebrate at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney’s picturesque Darling Harbour on Monday 18 November.
While casting your vote you will also be entered into our competition to win a fantastic annual subscription to our WRC+ All Live interactive digital service, worth 89.99 euros.
The lucky winner won’t miss a minute of the 2020 WRC, with coverage of every special stage from all 14 rounds, expert analysis from the WRC TV studio, interviews and reactions from across the service park, on-demand highlights programmes, live timing, exclusive onboard videos and much more.
Voting closes for all categories on Monday 11 November so don’t forget to make your vote count and reward the heroes of the 2019 WRC campaign.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All votes and WRC+ competition entries must be received by 22.00hrs CET on Monday 11 November 2019.
2. No more than one entry per person per voting category.
3. Competition entries will be entered into a draw that will take place on Thursday 14 November 2019.
4. The winners will be notified by email following this date.
5. Entry excludes employees of WRC Promoter GmbH, members of their families, their agents and anyone connected with the competition.
6. The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as offered.
7. There are no cash alternatives or cash substitutes for the prize.
8. Any personal data collected as part of this competition will be used only for notifying the winner and delivering the prize.
9. By voting, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.