Vote now: AutoDoc Jump of the Year
Select your season’s favourite leap
We’ve selected four great highlights from the 2019 season in which the stopwatch played a crucial factor and put them into a video compilation below. Now we want you to pick your favourite and vote for the ANONIMO Timing Feat award.
The nominations are:
Sébastien Ogier and Julien Ingrassia’s emotional Rallye Monte-Carlo win
On their return to Citroën Racing, the Frenchmen triumphed in a spellbinding final stage shootout to claim their sixth consecutive Monte win and Citroën’s 100th WRC victory. After starting with a slender 0.4sec lead over Thierry Neuville, they fell behind at the midpoint before battling back to seal a 2.2sec win – the closest in Monte-Carlo history.
Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin’s blistering Sunday morning in Corsica
Stunned by conceding 16.0sec and the lead to Thierry Neuville in Saturday’s closing stage, the under-pressure Britons blasted their Ford Fiesta through the final hairpins of Sunday morning’s opening Eaux de Zilia test to destroy the Belgian’s advantage. They regained all 16.0sec to move back into top spot.
Kalle Rovanperä and Jonne Halttunen’s Finland grand slam
Twenty-three fastest times from 23 stages in the WRC 2 Pro category for the Finns at their home event. Absolute perfection. Teenager Rovanperä was untouchable en route to his fourth successive category win in a Skoda Fabia R5 by almost five minutes.
Andreas Mikkelsen and Anders Jaeger-Amland’s clean sweep in Italy
Four stages in which to gain nearly 15sec for a podium. That was the challenge facing the Norwegians on Sunday morning in Sardinia. The Hyundai i20 pair stopped the clocks fastest on all four dry and dusty tests to demote Elfyn Evans in the closing Wolf Power Stage by nine-tenths of a second.
The winner will be announced during the star-studded gala, which follows the year’s final round at Kennards Hire Rally Australia (14 - 17 November).
More than 250 guests, including drivers, co-drivers, team bosses, senior officials, city personalities and government representatives will celebrate at the Australian National Maritime Museum in Sydney’s picturesque Darling Harbour on Monday 18 November.
While casting your vote you will also be entered into our competition to win a fantastic annual subscription to our WRC+ All Live interactive digital service, worth 89.99 euros.
The lucky winner won’t miss a minute of the 2020 WRC, with coverage of every special stage from all 14 rounds, expert analysis from the WRC TV studio, interviews and reactions from across the service park, on-demand highlights programmes, live timing, exclusive onboard videos and much more.
One more gala winner will be decided by fan votes here on wrc.com so don’t forget to check tomorrow for our last category. Voting closes for all categories on 11 November.
Tomorrow: Asahi Kasei Team of the Year
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All votes and WRC+ competition entries must be received by 22.00hrs CET on Monday 11 November 2019.
2. No more than one entry per person per voting category.
3. Competition entries will be entered into a draw that will take place on Thursday 14 November 2019.
4. The winners will be notified by email following this date.
5. Entry excludes employees of WRC Promoter GmbH, members of their families, their agents and anyone connected with the competition.
6. The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as offered.
7. There are no cash alternatives or cash substitutes for the prize.
8. Any personal data collected as part of this competition will be used only for notifying the winner and delivering the prize.
9. By voting, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.