Østberg wants more from his Fiesta RS
Norwegian acknowledges something is missing
Earlier this year, rally organisers were asked to rethink the planned itinerary for Saturday's leg, which featured a trio of stages that hadn’t been used since 2003, following an inspection by FIA WRC safety delegate Michèle Mouton.
An updated schedule brought the return of the Villa Bustos - Tanti stage that was used in 2015, and two new tests, Los Gigantes - Cantera El Condor and Boca Del Arroyo - Bajo del Pungo.
As well as the route changes, organisers ran an educational campaign called '#UnRallySeguro' to promote safety among the many thousands of spectators who flock to the event.
Hyundai Motorsport boss Michel Nandan was impressed by the progress that had been made since last year, when spectator safety concerns were raised.
"I have to congratulate the organisers. This year they have done a really good job. The stages have been really safe, which is a very good thing. It shows that it is possible to do it. I think the job from last year to this one is incredible. It is the most important thing in our business for all stages to be safe because it’s good for the sport," he said.
World champion Sébastien Ogier said: "I want to congratulate the FIA and Michèle Mouton too, because they have done a good job. They have put in a lot of effort and there is a huge difference from last year as regards safety and people. Well done!"