Sunday | 30 Aug 2015

Lefebvre's WRC return on Tour de Corse

Stéphane Lefebvre's impressive run to tenth at ADAC Rallye Deutschland on his World Rally Car debut has earned him another outing in a top-spec car at the Tour de Corse [1-4 October].

Lefebvre, 23, won the Junior WRC Championship in 2014 and has been supported by Citroën this year with appearances in R5 and RRC versions of the DS 3 and, most recently, a DS 3 World Rally Car.

The Frenchman's troublefree performance on German asphalt netted him his first World Championship point and convinced Citroën Racing boss Yves Matton to offer him another sealed-surface drive.

“He slightly exceeded the goals we had set for him,” said Matton. “Focused and committed from start to finish, he improved his out-and-out speed, whilst also showing an encouraging level of technical awareness. In light of this, and in accordance with his programme which included two rallies in the DS 3 WRC, he will be taking part in the Tour de Corse in the same car. He will therefore hopefully be able to make use of his first experience on tarmac in Germany and pick up where he left off.”

The Tour de Corse is making a return to the WRC after a seven year absence and will be a new challenge for the majority of World Rally Car drivers. Lefebvre, however, has tackled the event twice before and has an idea of what to expect.

"I can already imagine how much fun it will be to drive on these stages in the DS 3 WRC," Lefebvre said. "It’ll be a little bit less of a journey into the unknown than last week, especially as I’ll be taking part in a pre-event test in order to prepare specifically for this round. I’ll be looking to start with the same positive energy as in Germany, and keep reducing the gap to the top guys.”

More News