Reeves returns to WRC in Spain
Australian to drive Fiesta R2 at penultimate round
The Norwegian was unable to start in Australia following the accident and instead flew home to recuperate while Stéphane Lefebvre took his place in the Citroen Total Abu Dhabi squad.
Now, exactly two weeks after he was injured, Østberg feels he is ready to get back out on the stages.
"Of course I know it's going to be tough for Corsica, but I'm sure we can manage," he told wrc.com. "I'm feeling better, and this week I have been able to start doing normal things again, so it's definitely improving."
"For the first 10 days I had to rest as much as possible. Since then, I have had some treatment and started to move more - to make it a bit more mobile. The area is still quite stiff though - it makes me feel like an old man," he added.
A final decision about Østberg's Corsica entry will come on Friday (25 September) after a pre-event test on the French island in his DS 3 World Rally Car.
"The test will be my first time back in the car and the first indication of how it will feel for the rally," he said.
"We haven't decided 100 per cent in the team yet, but I'm determined to do the rally and I'm 100 per cent motivated. It feels now that it should be possible, but I will only know for sure after I have driven the car."