French youngster Adrien Fourmaux steps up to WRC 2 this season to drive a Ford Fiesta R5 for M-Sport Ford in the FIA World Rally Championship’s premier support series.
The 24-year-old, who begins his campaign at the season-opening Rallye Monte-Carlo (23 - 26 January), will form part of the team’s two-car WRC 2 line-up. The other driver will be revealed on Thursday (9 January) at the Autosport International Show in Birmingham.
Fourmaux has been touted as a future star after winning France’s renowned Rallye Jeunes talent-spotting scheme in 2016. Two years later he lifted the French junior title in a Fiesta R2 and stepped up to WRC 2 last year.
He finished second and 10th overall on his debut in Monte-Carlo and third in Britain. He will again be co-driven by experienced Belgian Renaud Jamoul.
Fourmaux, who made his rally debut only three years ago, said he was proud to join the British squad.
“Now I will be collaborating with M-Sport Ford, a team well known for their support and development of young drivers. This year I will contest a lot of rallies which I already know and I hope that knowledge will help me challenge for the top results,” he said.
Team principal Rich Millener is excited by Fourmaux’s potential.
“This will be an important season for him with much still to learn, but I look forward to working with him and think we could see him challenging for the top results on a number of events. He’s ready to make his mark and we plan to give him everything he needs to do that,” he added.