SEASON #5 RULEBOOK
Date of update : 17/02/2020
- Free for anyone who already has a copy of WRC 8
- 11 rounds from January to August 2020, plus the finals (date TBC)
- 8 rounds out of 11 will take place at the same time as the official WRC rally
- The 10 best scores of each player will be take into account to establish their final ranking
- The 8 best players of the season will take part in the final, which will determine the overall winner
- Will take place between Thursday (00:01AM GMT) and Sunday (11.59PM GMT)
- Include a selection of 2 stages available in the game for the rally.
- Lets each player record up to 5 attempts (only the best time will count)
- Lets the fastest 50 players across all platforms earn general ranking points
- Starts from Rally Monte Carlo (23/01).
- Teams are pre-selected by the organizers for first inclusion in the Team Championship.
- Each team can register up to 5 players as official drivers of the Team. Each round, the points scored by the best 3 members of the team will count towards the overall score throughout the Season.
1. Esports WRC rules
1.1. Settings for the tournament
All drivers must follow the given settings. Different agreements are not allowed.
1.1.1. Game settings
Matches have to be played with the following settings:
220.127.116.11. Structure & Sessions
- Definition of a driver: a driver is a person who owns WRC 8 on one of the three platforms (PS4 / Xbox One or PC) and entered at least one of the 11 championship events. When a driver starts playing on a platform, he / she must continue using this platform until the end of the championship.
- Multiple accounts are not allowed (e.g. 2 accounts on the same platform or 2 accounts on different platforms
- Privacy: Private session
- Car Class: all official WRC cars allowed
- Assists are allowed / damage automatically set to “Simulation”
18.104.22.168. Conditions and itinerary
- Weather conditions will be decided by the development team
- Itinerary will be decided by the development team and information can be found on https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame/ from the start of the event onward.
2. Championship and points
2.1. Cancellation of a rally
Any rally which is cancelled, for any reason, will not be entered in the Championship. In this case, the rally may also be postponed to a later date.
2.2. Attribution of Championship points.
After the end of each round, the leaderboards of each platform will be merged into one unique leaderboard. For each rally, points will be awarded after each event, taking into account general classification according to the following scale:
- 1st: 25 points
- 2nd: 18 points
- 3rd: 15 points
- 4th & 5th: 12 points
- 6th to 10th: 10 points
- 11th to 15th: 8 points
- 16th to 20th: 6 points
- 21th to 30th: 4 points
- 31th to 40th: 2 points
- 41th to 50th: 1 point
The overall ranking is updated after each event.
In case of a dead heat in the overall rankings, position for each event will be taken into account, as well as the number of events entered by each player. Firstly, the player with the same amount of points but entered fewer events will be placed higher position than an opponent they tied with. Secondly, if the players entered the same number of events, their cumulated positions will be taken into account.
e.g. After 3 events.
- Player A (5th, 6th, 6th) has 32 points and a 16th cumulated position.
- Player B (5th, 7th; 8th) has 32 points and a 20th cumulated position.
Player A is placed in a position higher than Player B in the overall rankings.
The championship is comprised of a series of 12 sequential rounds. 10 of them coincide with real-life WRC events occurring from January to August:
2.4. Team Championship.
The Team Championship will start from Rally Monte Carlo (23/01). Teams are pre-selected by the organizers (Season 5) and can register up to 5 drivers. Each round, the points scored by the best 3 drivers of the team will be cumulated. Information about Team prizes will be released during the season.
2.5. Qualification for the final.
After the last event, 8 players will qualify for the final, based on their cumulated points. Information about the final and prizes will be released during the season.
2.6. The final
The 8 players qualified for the final will be invited by the organizers for a On Site Event. The tracks the players will drive will be unveiled before the event.
Depending on the status of the game, the final event can be played on WRC 8. In that case, the finalists will have access to the game before its release with the list of the stages and conditions for training.
The player will use only the hardware and peripherals provided by the organizers
The players will not be able to apply their own car settings during the event. Only the default car setting will be available. The player will be able to freely choose which car he wants to drive but the camera settings will be the cockpit.
A specific drivers briefing will be shared for the final, including all the event specific rules as well as event information.
Any complaints must be made as soon as possible at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or they may be ignored depending on the circumstances. The replay file should always show names above the player cars. Replays that do not display player names may not be counted as evidence.
In the interest of ensuring fairplay, the admins (Bigben/Nacon and/or Kylotonn Racing Games) have the right amend or add rules at any point throughout the competition.
If a provision of this rulebook is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect:
a) the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of this Agreement; or
b) the validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision of this Agreement.
2.10. Names, Symbols and Sponsors
Bigben Interactive and/or Kylotonn reserve the right to forbid the use of unwanted or occupied names and symbols in their competitions. Any legally protected words or symbols are generally forbidden unless the owner gives the permission. No advertisement or promotion of sponsors that are solely or widely known for pornographic, drug use or other adult/mature themes and products is allowed.
Note to players: Once you have started the competition, please do not change your display/username between events else your total number of points will not be cumulated.
Any and all communications between league participants and administrators are confidential and no tot be made public by the participant without prior permission by the Bigben Interactive or Kylotonn Racing Games.
2.12. Rights of use
Bigben Interactive reserves the right to use material from all of their matches (i.e. pictures, videos, streams, replays, demos, screenshots, etc.). Players are only allowed to stream their own matches.
The driver may be banned and disqualified from the championship if a cheat or abusive exploit is detected. The Admin Team reserves the right to add penalties/ban/ or disqualify drivers if the abuse of any advantageous features is detected. In-game penalties cannot be contested.
Update 28/01/2020: From round #2 (Sweden), every driver identified using abuse or advantageous features like Wallriding or Railriding, or any other non-adapted racing behaviour, will receive a penalty of 15s minimum. The penalty can be increased depending on organizers’ evaluation.
Round#1 Monte Carlo is not under this regulation as the rule has been set after this event. However, a list of players who potentially used non-adapted racing technics has been created. For these drivers, any other cheating suspicion will lead to a definitive ban from the competition.
Ringing or faking will result in disqualification of the driver and the ringer for the entire competition.
You are not allowed to bet on any matches in this tournament at all.
Any offensive, disrespectful or unsportsmanlike behaviour (including but not limited to flaming, insults, physical violence) will be punished and can lead to disqualification.
2.17. Changes to the rulebook
Bigben Interactive (Nacon) / Kylotonn Racing Games are allowed to change / update rules in the existing rulebook at any time.
2.18. Server crashes.
In case of server crashes during an event which would make the competition impossible or altered, organizers will inform the community on social media (https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame/) about the decision to postpone the event, make it longer, or cancel it, depending on the importance of the crash.
3. Game media
All game media (screenshots, replays, etc) must be kept for at least 14 days. Faking or manipulation of game media is forbidden and will result in severe penalties. Game media should be named clearly based on what it is. It is not possible to file a protest or write a support ticket to complain about bad game media naming. However, if an admin is hindered in their work because of bad game media names then it may result in punishment.