- Few drivers and co-drivers have experience in Croatia so must acclimatise quickly to the different characteristics.
- A tough recce awaits crews, who must prepare highly detailed pace notes from a blank piece of paper in only two passes through each stage.
- The first traditional all-asphalt WRC event since August 2019.
- No competition knowledge of Pirelli’s hard compound asphalt tyres.
- To work efficiently with safety note crews, who drive the stages ahead of competitors to provide up-to-date information about road conditions.
- Asphalt specification – low settings to provide stability and improved balance.
- Pirelli’s hard compound P Zero rubber will make its WRC debut, with the soft option also available. The Cinturato RW tyre is on hand if heavy rain leaves standing water in the stages.