- Mechanical sympathy. Some sections are so rocky they must be tackled at little more than walking pace. Drivers must resist the temptation to treat the Safari like a normal gravel event.
- Heavy rain brings an additional challenge to an already gruelling rally. Few will have come across the deep water and unbelievably slippery mud that can replace dusty roads in a matter of minutes.
- Expect the unexpected. In Kenya, anything can happen!
- Gravel suspension.
- The ride height will be lifted above the norm for a traditional gravel event to allow for the rocky roads.
- Pirelli’s hard and soft compound Scorpion tyres available.