- Fast but narrow roads lined with bushes, trees or rocks on the edge leave no room for error.
- Hard base roads covered by a sandy surface, which is swept away during the first pass to leave rougher and rutted conditions for the second run.
- Thin layer of slippery gravel on the surface disadvantages early starters in the opening leg.
- Temperatures exceed 30°C so it will be uncomfortable in the cars with higher than normal stress on engines and transmissions.
- Gravel suspension.
- Drivers raise the ride height for rutted roads during the second pass of stages.
- Pirelli’s hard and medium compound Scorpion tyres available. The hard version is the primary choice.