- Sandy roads ensure grip is at a premium for the early starters during the first pass through the stages.
- Rocks and deep ruts present an altogether different hazard for the second pass, often requiring teams to raise the ride height on their cars to avoid mechanical damage.
- Avoid mechanical issues on the first leg. With no service during the day, car problems can cost huge chunks of time.
- Gravel suspension.
- Pirelli’s Scorpion gravel tyre will make its WRC debut, with both hard and medium compounds available.
- Hard or medium compounds? That’s the big tyre question for drivers searching for the best grip on the soft tracks, whilst also trying to manage the wear over a long group of stages. Or is it a mix of both?