- The rally was born when former co-driver Silver Kütt, driver Urmo Aava and marketing mastermind Tarmo Hõbe dreamed up the idea for Rally Estonia.
- First held in 2010, when home hero Markko Märtin won, it hosted the European Championship for three years between 2014 and 2016.
- It became popular with manufacturer teams preparing for Rally Finland on similar roads before making its WRC debut in 2020.
- Estonian favourite Ott Tänak tops the roll of honour with four victories from the 11 editions.
- In 2021 Kalle Rovanperä became the youngest WRC rally winner ever at the age of 20 years and 289 days.