- Super-fast, smooth and technical gravel roads, with numerous jumps and crests, demand pin-point pace note accuracy. At such pace there is no room for error.
- Many drivers and co-drivers have no experience of Estonia’s stages and must prepare notes from a blank piece of paper.
- The speed. The last time the WRC’s drivers encountered such fast roads was more than a year ago at the 2019 Neste Rally Finland.
- Rustiness. Competitors will have been away from WRC competition for almost six months but must reacclimatise quickly.
- Gravel suspension.
- Packed gravel roads mean medium compound tyres will be the template choice, but soft compound rubber is also available.