19 Mar 08
The FIA has confirmed that Ricardo Trivino, who finished eighth on Rally Mexico, has been excluded from the event for wearing the wrong specification of driving gloves.
Rally Stewards originally excluded Trivino on the second day of the competition, following a report from the FIA assistant technical delegate that Trivino was wearing incorrect safety equipment.
Trivino, who was driving a privately entered Peugeot 206 WRC, initially decided to appeal the decision and was allowed the complete the rally. But as the appeal was not subsequently confirmed, the decision of the Stewards becomes final.
Exclusion from the rally means Trivino loses the drivers’ championship point he scored, which now passes to J-WRC competitor Sebastien Ogier.
This is how the amended top ten looks:
1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen C4 WRC 3 hr 33 min 29.9sec
2. Chris Atkinson Subaru Impreza WRC 3 hr 34 min 36.0sec
3. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford Focus RS WRC 3 hr 35 min 09.6sec
4. Mikko Hirvonen Ford Focus RS WRC 3 hr 37 min 08.6sec
5. Henning Solberg Ford Focus RS WRC 3 hr 38 min 27.8sec
6. Matthew Wilson Ford Focus RS WRC 3 hr 39 min 58.8sec
7. Federico Villagra Ford Focus RS WRC 3 hr 52 min 32.9sec
8. Sebastien Ogier Citroen C2 S1600 3 hr 58 min 54.8sec
9. Jaan Molder Suzuki Swift S1600 4 hr 00min 26.7sec
10. M. Kosciuszko Suzuki Swift S1600 4 hr 02min 00.0sec