02 Mar 08
The BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team increased its advantage at the head of the FIA World Rally Championship after a strong double points haul in Mexico.
The team, chasing its third consecutive manufacturers' world title, is 12 points clear in the standings after Jari-Matti Latvala finished third and his team-mate Mikko Hirvonen claimed fourth.
The Subaru World Rally Team and Citroen Total World Rally Team tie second place on 25 points each. Three points for the Stobart VK M-Sport Ford Rally Team keep it third in the contest, while the Munchi’s Ford World Rally Team moves ahead of Suzuki into fifth.
1. BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team: 37
2. Subaru World Rally Team: 25
2. Citroen Total World Rally Team: 25
4. Stobart VK M-Sport Ford Rally Team: 19
5. Munchi’s Ford World Rally Team: 6
6. Suzuki World Rally Team: 5