Dayinsure Wales Rally GB
|Dayinsure Wales Rally GB|
- Fast gravel roads in remote forests. Picture-postcard scenery as British autumn offers a fantastic myriad of colours.
- Familiar itinerary in mid and north Wales with few changes from 2016. Based around Deeside service park.
- After a Thursday night curtain-raiser, Friday’s opening leg includes classic Myherin, Sweet Lamb and Hafren stages. All are driven twice, with just a pause for fresh tyres splitting the passes.
- A marathon 17-hour Saturday includes a double loop of stages in Dyfi and Gartheiniog, before two night tests close the action.
- Final leg is the most northerly, with the picturesque Brenig again forming the final live TV Power Stage.
- Tree-lined forest tracks are not technically difficult, but are treacherous in muddy conditions.
- Unpredictable weather can bring, rain, ice and fog.
- Inconsistent and ever-changing grip as isolated patches of mud or ice can trap the unwary.
- Logs piled high close to the edge of roads must be avoided at all costs.