Kennards Hire Rally Australia
|Kennards Hire Rally Australia|
- Rugged and dusty forest tracks in the bush combine with shire roads, in public use throughout the year, to provide a tough and tricky gravel blast.
- Based in Coffs Harbour, almost halfway between Sydney and Brisbane on the New South Wales coast.
- A new-look Friday features three previously unused stages on wild forest roads north of the town, driven in the morning and repeated in the afternoon.
- Highlight of Saturday’s longest leg is the monster 49km Nambucca. In the afternoon it is split into two stages, Welshs Creek and Argents Hill.
- Friday and Saturday close with two runs through the asphalt Destination New South Wales test on the Coffs jetty, with dramatic sea views offering a picture postcard backdrop.
- Three stages to the north provide Sunday’s finale, including Bucca and the fan favourite Wedding Bells Power Stage.
- A mix of hard base roads, some tight and twisty and others fast and flowing.
- Shire roads are lined by trees close to the edge in many places.
- Many stages travel through dense rainforest and the low angle of the sun in mornings and evenings can create a ‘strobe’ effect as it flashes through the branches.