YPF Rally Argentina
|YPF Rally Argentina|
|Servicepark:||VILLA CARLOS PAZ|
- Vast pampas plains contrast with rugged mountains and softer lakeland landscapes to provide three very different locations.
- Based in lakeside resort of Villa Carlos Paz, 700km north-west of Buenos Aires and 30 minutes from Cordoba city.
- Crowd-pleasing super special stage in downtown Cordoba kicks off the action on Thursday evening.
- Competitors head south on Friday for two loops of fast, sandy tracks in Santa Rosa de Calamuchita valley. Each ends with a popular super special at a theme park on the edge of Villa Carlos Paz.
- Second leg heads north-west into Punilla Valley for the longest day, again featuring two identical loops.
- Sunday climbs rock strewn roads of the Traslasierra mountains, famed for its moonlike landscape, and includes classic El Cóndor and Giulio Cesare tests.
- The contrast between soft roads in the Santa Rosa de Calamuchita Valley and rocky, narrow tracks in the Traslasierra mountains.
- Sandy gravel roads become heavily rutted for the second pass and moving out of the ‘rails’ can pitch a car off the road.
- Many river crossings in the valleys which become wide and deep in wet weather.
- Early autumn in the southern hemisphere brings a risk of fog and possibly even ice in the mountains.