Lotos Rally Poland
|Lotos Rally Poland|
|Stages:||21 (350 km)|
- Based in Mikolajki, several hours north of Warsaw, in Masurian lake district.
- Three Thursday afternoon stages, including one that runs into darkness.
- Friday combines stages in Poland and Lithuania, with remote service in Lithuania at Druskininkai.
- A morning test and two evening stages in Poland sandwich four Lithuanian tests.
- Legs 2 and 3 based in Polish provinces of Warmia and Mazury, east and north-east of Mikolajki.
- Mikolajki Arena will host four super special stages, two under floodlights, with two cars at a time on track.
- Drivers lack experience of the roads as Poland has not featured in WRC since 2009.
- All stages in Lithuania and three in Poland are totally new. The only test used in an identical format to 2009 is at the Mikolajki Arena.
- Very fast roads will see speeds approach those of Rally Finland.
- Tall grass lines many sections, limiting visibility on the approach to corners.
- Grass also hides rocks so cutting corners is a risky pastime.