Vodafone Rally de Portugal
|Vodafone Rally de Portugal|
- A new base at Matosinhos, north of Porto, as the rally returns to the north for the first time since 2001.
- A Thursday afternoon ceremonial start at Guimarães will be followed by an evening super special stage at Lousada rallycross circuit.
- The first full day heads north for stages around Ponte de Lima, near the Spanish border.
- Saturday’s route, the longest of the rally, journeys east for tests near Amarante.
- Sunday’s leg has just three stages, with the focus on the classic Fafe test.
- A new rally for all. Northern Portugal last saw WRC action in 2001, so none of the top drivers have experience of the stages there. With the exception of…..
- Fafe. For the last three years, the Fafe Rally Sprint was held on a 6km section of the classic stage the weekend before the WRC event, attracting crowds of almost 100,000 annually.
- All crews must prepare brand new pace notes. That will ensure an intense recce and plenty of late night work for co-drivers as they fine-tune the notes ahead of the start.