ADAC Rallye Deutschland
|ADAC Rallye Deutschland|
- 2013 rally started outside Cologne Cathedral before journeying south to its traditional Trier base in south-west Germany.
- Three distinct types of stages – bumpy narrow Mosel vineyard roads, Baumholder military tracks with many different surfaces and smooth country tests in Saarland.
- 2014 route details to be confirmed.
- Viewed as the most difficult of the end-of-season asphalt encounters.
- Working efficiently with safety note crews, who drive the stages ahead of competitors, to have up-to-date information about road surface and weather.
- Unpredictable weather in the mountains makes tyre choice tricky.
- Avoiding huge car-breaking kerb stones, known as hinkelsteins, in Baumholder.
- Baumholder is slippery in the dry and treacherous in the wet.
- Asphalt suspension – low settings which provide stability and improved balance.
- Different road characteristics in the same group of stages mean set-up is often a compromise.
- Hard compound rubber available for dry conditions, with soft option for wet or cold weather.