ADAC Rallye Deutschland
|ADAC Rallye Deutschland|
- Picture postcard start and finish in front of the Porta Nigra Roman gate in Trier.
- Four distinct types of stages – bumpy narrow Mosel vineyard roads, Baumholder military tracks with many different surfaces, roads in the Eifel mountains and smooth country tests in Saarland.
- Friday blends tests in the Eifel region, close to the Luxembourg and Belgian borders, with the Mosel.
- Saturday mixes country roads, vineyard tracks and the daunting Panzerplatte military area before Sunday’s final leg in the Mosel wine area.
- Viewed as the most difficult of the end-of-season asphalt encounters.
- Working efficiently with safety note crews, who drive the stages ahead of competitors, to have up-to-date information about road surface and weather.
- Unpredictable weather in the mountains makes tyre choice tricky.
- Avoiding huge car-breaking kerb stones, known as hinkelsteins, in Baumholder.
- Baumholder is slippery in the dry and treacherous in the wet.