ADAC Rallye Deutschland
|ADAC Rallye Deutschland|
|Stages:||18 (326.02 km)|
- Three distinct types of stages – bumpy narrow Mosel vineyard roads, Baumholder military tracks with many different surfaces and smooth country tests in Saarland.
- Friday’s opening leg contains vineyard roads, but also heads further north than usual for a test close to Belgium.
- Saturday is dominated by the daunting Panzerplatte military tests while the final day is based entirely in the Mosel vineyards.
- Viewed as the most difficult of the end-of-season asphalt encounters.
- Working efficiently with safety note crews, who drive the stages ahead of competitors, to have up-to-date information about road surface and weather.
- Unpredictable weather in the mountains makes tyre choice tricky.
- Avoiding huge car-breaking kerb stones, known as hinkelsteins, in Baumholder.
- Baumholder is slippery in the dry and treacherous in the wet.