Tour de Corse
|Tour de Corse|
- France’s WRC encounter returns to the Mediterranean island of Corsica after an absence of seven years.
- The west coast town of Ajaccio will host Thursday evening’s start and Sunday afternoon’s finish.
- Overnight halts will be held in the north of the island in Bastia on Friday, and Porto Vecchio in the south on Saturday.
- Corte, in the centre of the island, will host the single service park.
- Tight and twisty mountain roads are often bordered on one side by a rock face and on the other by a steep drop into the sea.
- Rough and abrasive asphalt places high demands on tyres.
- Many crews have not previously tackled the rally so must write all-new pace notes.
- Narrow roads mean errors can be punished heavily.
- Asphalt suspension – low settings which provide stability and improved balance.
- Different road characteristics in the same group of stages mean set-up is often a compromise.