Neste Rally Finland
|Neste Rally Finland|
|Stages:||24 (333,99 km)|
- University town of Jyväskylä is the hub of everything and Paviljonki service park in the centre draws huge crowds.
- Classic smooth gravel stages among forests and lakes with massive jumps. Mixture of long stages and shorter sprints called ‘jabs’.
- Rally starts on Thursday evening with Harju street stage in Jyväskylä while Friday’s route heads west towards Keuruu, for classic forest challenges including Mökkiperä and Jukojärvi.
- Saturday will take the crews south to the Jämsä region and the legendary Ouninpohja – the rally’s signature stage.
- Sunday's route extends south east of Jyväskylä into areas that have not seen rally cars this millennium
- Dates back to 1951 when it was launched as a means of deciding the Finnish entries for Rallye Monte-Carlo.
- It took on the name 1000 Lakes Rally and was included in the calendar for the WRC in its first year in 1973.
- It has been dominated by Finnish drivers who have won 54 of the 65 editions. Top of the roll of honour are Hannu Mikkola and Marcus Grönholm with seven wins.
What’s new for 2016
- A 43 per cent new route and a number of new short and sharp 'jab' stages to break up extended liaison sections.
- All mid-day services will be held in Jyväskylä.
- The return of two stages south east of Jyväskylä. Lempää was last driven in 1999, while Oittila last featured in 1994 when it was called Mutanen
- The party atmosphere. Jyväskylä is the ultimate rally town and no visit would be complete without a night out in one of the many bars in the main street. Drinks are not cheap though...
- Ouninpohja. Get up early and spend Saturday here, either at one of the many roller-coaster jumps or at the Kakaristo hairpin to enjoy great action and a brilliant atmosphere.