Coates Hire Rally Australia
|Coates Hire Rally Australia|
|Stages:||20 (319.58 km)|
- Based in Coffs Harbour, almost halfway between Sydney and Brisbane on the New South Wales coast.
- Stages held over a mix of shire roads, in public use throughout the year, and private tracks.
- Compact route which rarely strays more than 35km from Coffs Harbour service park.
- After a Thursday evening town centre start ceremony, Friday and Saturday’s route heads south.
- Friday’s itinerary includes the new Hydes Creek test while Saturday’s highlights is two passes over the 49.37km Nambucca, one of the longest stages of the season.
- The final day journeys north of Coffs Harbour.
- A mix of hard base roads, some tight and twisty and others fast and flowing.
- Shire roads are lined by trees close to the edge in many places.
- Many stages travel through dense rainforest and the low angle of the sun in mornings and evenings can create a ‘strobe’ effect as it flashes through the branches.