Wales Rally GB
|Wales Rally GB|
|Stages:||23 (309.86 km)|
- Revised format with a greater emphasis on north Wales.
- Friday’s opening leg mixes the second and third days from 2013, taking in classic central Wales roads in Dyfi, Gartheiniog and Hafren Forests.
- It contains almost half the rally’s competitive distance with only a 15-minute remote service.
- Saturday’s action is closer to the Deeside service park. Most roads are familiar from last year but many will be used in the opposite direction. A short Sunday leg concludes the season.
- Short fan-friendly parkland stages are included on Saturday and Sunday, with Saturday’s Chirk Castle stage on asphalt.
- Fast, tree-lined forest tracks are not technically difficult, but made difficult by muddy and slippery conditions.
- Unpredictable weather can bring, rain, snow, ice and fog.
- Uncertain grip as isolated patches of mud or ice can trap the unwary.
- Logs piled high close to the edge of roads must be avoided at all costs.