|Rally Guanajuato México|
- Based in the country’s fifth largest city of León, 400km north-west of Mexico City.
- Covers familiar territory in the Sierra de Lobos and Sierra de Guanajuato mountains, north and east of León.
- Begins on Thursday night with the start and opening test in picturesque Guanajuato.
- Friday’s leg returns to the area for three dirt tests.
- The final two days are closer to León and the last leg re-uses some roads from Saturday.
- Drivers must remember how to master gravel roads. It’s the first of six consecutive dirt rounds and the first hot gravel event since Australia last September.
- Temperatures nearing 30°C put stress on engines and transmissions.
- The route climbs to the season’s highest point at 2737m. Engines struggle to breathe in the thin air and lose 20 per cent power.
- Less power means mistakes are punished more severely as accelerating back to top speed takes longer.
- Concrete culverts across the roads can inflict big damage.