Rally d'Italia Sardegna
|Rally Italia Sardegna|
|Stages:||17 (364,5 km)|
- Opening night start ceremony and super special stage in south coast town of Cagliari kicks off new-look route.
- The second day takes competitors to well-known stages in scenic hills and undulating forests south of Olbia.
- Saturday’s leg returns to the same area, before ending with two tests near Sassari in the north. It’s a HUGE day with 188.50km of stages, including two passes of the 59.70km Monte Lerno.
- Sassari stages are repeated on the final day, as well as two runs over a new stage near Alghero.
- Fast but narrow roads lined with bushes, trees or rocks right on the edge leave no room for error.
- Hard base roads covered by a sandy surface, which is swept away during the first pass to leave rougher and rutted conditions for the second run.
- Thin layer of slippery gravel on the surface disadvantages early starters in the opening leg.
- Temperatures approach 30°C so it will be uncomfortable in the cars with higher than normal stress on engines and transmissions.