Che Guevara Energy Drink
Tour de Corse
|Tour de Corse - Rallye de France|
|Stages:||10 (390,92 km)|
- A genuine old-style tour of Corsica, featuring classic narrow and twisty mountain asphalt across the whole island.
- Service park is at Bastia Airport in the north-east, but the west coast town of Ajaccio hosts Thursday evening’s start ceremony.
- Endurance is to the fore on Friday, with two stages near the island’s capital that are tackled twice. There is no service and just a mid-leg tyre change in Porticcio.
- Saturday is the longest with two loops of two stages in the north totalling 131.92km.
- Sunday’s final leg covers just two tests in the east - but the opener is a monster 53.78km.
- France’s WRC round was held on the stunning island of Corsica from 1973 to 2008.
- Never-ending sequences of turns earned the event the nickname ‘The Rally of 10,000 Corners’.
- After a year’s absence due to rotation, the rally moved to the Alsace region of the French mainland in 2010.
What’s new for 2016
- Bastia replaces Corte as the host town.
- Porto-Vecchio hosts the finish instead of Ajaccio.
- Seventy per cent of the competitive distance has changed and the rally is 20 per cent longer than last year, with more 390km of special stages.
- The scenery - the mountain landscapes provide breathtaking views.
- Stages often pass through narrow villages which offer superb viewing opportunities.