Tour de Corse
|Tour de Corse - Rallye de France|
|Stages:||10 (390,92 km)|
- The west coast town of Ajaccio hosts Thursday evening’s start ceremony.
- Two stages on the west coast are tackled twice on Friday, with no service and just a mid-leg tyre change in Porticcio.
- Saturday is the longest with two loops of two stages totalling 169.04km.
- Sunday’s final leg covers just two tests in the east - but the opener is a monster 53.78km.
- The single service park is at Bastia Airport, in the far north-east of the island.
- Tight and twisty mountain roads are often bordered on one side by a rock face and on the other by a steep drop into the sea.
- Rough and abrasive asphalt places high demands on tyres.
- Many crews have not previously tackled the rally so must write all-new pace notes.
- Narrow roads mean errors can be punished heavily.
- Asphalt suspension – low settings which provide stability and improved balance.
- Different road characteristics in the same group of stages mean set-up is often a compromise.