Neste Oil Rally Finland
|Neste Oil Rally Finland|
|Stages:||26 (360.82 km)|
- University town of Jyväskylä is the hub of everything and Paviljonki service park in the centre draws huge crowds.
- Classic smooth gravel stages among forests and lakes with massive jumps.
- New-look itinerary begins on Thursday evening with a short, sharp leg north-east of Jyväskylä.
- Friday is the longest day and heads-south-west, while Saturday includes big jumps over some of Finland’s most well-known stages.
- Short Sunday loop features two passes over the classic Ruuhimäki test.
- A mix of hard, wide roads with narrower more technical sections.
- Flat out from start to finish. It is affectionately known as the Finnish Grand Prix and eight of the 10 fastest WRC rallies have been here.
- Pace notes must be perfect. Blind crests often hide corners and it’s vital to position the car correctly before take-off to ensure maximum speed through the bend.
- Speeds are so high that time differences are small and there is little opportunity to regain time after a mistake.
- One of the hardest rallies for co-drivers as high speeds demand a constant, pinpoint accurate delivery of pace notes.
- Mastering the jumps. If the speed is too high, the car’s aerodynamics will force the back down and the front will rise. The tactic is to brake before take-off and accelerate full throttle over the jump.