World Rally Cars - WRC
The principal category in the WRC and driven by the sport’s superstars such as Sébastien Ogier, Thierry Neuville and Mads Østberg.
The principal category in the WRC and driven by the sport’s superstars such as Sébastien Ogier, Thierry Neuville and Jari-Matti Latvala.
Look out for - Ford Fiesta WRC, Citroën C3, Hyundai i20 Coupe, Toyota Yaris WRC
Getting technical –
- Technical Class RC1
- Referred to as ‘World Rally Cars’
- 1.6-litre, fuel injection, turbocharged, four cylinder engines fitted with a 36mm air intake restrictor
- Power output restricted to about 380bhp
- Cylinder block and head based on those in the standard road car.
- Modifications allowed to crankshafts, con rods, pistons, cylinder linings, valves and camshafts.
- Permanent four-wheel drive, six-speed sequential gearbox with paddle-shift on steering
- Mechanical front and rear differentials. Active centre differential
- 7 x 15inch wheels for gravel, 8 x 18inch wheels for asphalt
- 300mm diameter brakes for gravel, 370mm for asphalt
- Weight: 1,190kg minimum. 1,350kg with driver and co-driver
- 0-100kph in less than 4sec.
- Top speed exceeding 200kph.